The 41-megapixel Nokia Lumia 1020 is a Reality – But is the Camera Enough to Make it a Serious Contender?
Breaking Gadget and Technology News from Around the Web
- The Short List: Let's watch the #DemDebate; Twitter's bad news; things you … – USA TODAY
- Facebook will now inject videos directly into your bloodstream – Fortune
- Were dinosaurs warm or cold blooded? Ancient eggshells could reveal the truth. – Washington Post
- Apple boosts iMac screen resolution, lowers price of top-end 27-in. machine by 8% – Computerworld
- Hubble space telescope captures stunning image of barred spiral galaxy – Fox News
- New Orleans, Miami could be washed away by rising seas – CBS News
- Facebook Tests Video Feed To Sidestep YouTube With Friendly Discovery – TechCrunch
- VW Plans to Recover From Its Scandal by Going Electric – WIRED
- Weekly /r/Gadgets Advice Superthread!
- Microsoft Surface: From Cross-Bearer To Standard-Bearer
- MSI Launches the Nightblade X2 and MI2 Gaming Desktops
- Elvie: the smallest personal Kegel exercise tracker available.
- Microsoft adapter lets you use Xbox wireless controller with Windows 10
- Pepsi to launch a smartphone in China
- The Plextor M6V (256GB) SSD Review
- Meet Bird, a device that could find itself at the center of your connected future
- Klokers Wants Your Wrist To Go Back In Time
- Blocks Modular Smartwatch Now On Kickstarter
- Nucleus Raises $3.4M To Build A Smart Home Intercom
- Apple’s New $129 Trackpad Brings Force Touch To The iMac
- Apple Updates The iMac With Ultra HD Screens
- Drone Maker CyPhy Raises $22 Million To Chase Business Customers And Consumers
- Evapolar Is A Mini Climate Control System For Your Desk
- Sippy Lets You Make Espresso Anywhere
- From the Wirecutter: The best home online backup service
- Mini-review: Apple’s new Magic Keyboard, Magic Mouse 2, and Magic Trackpad 2
- Apple announces 21.5-inch Retina iMac with 4K display, better color gamut
- Same design, new insides, better screen: 21.5-inch 4K Retina iMac reviewed
- Apple goes all-Retina for its 27-inch Skylake iMac refresh
- Tag Heuer teases its Intel-powered Android Wear smartwatch launching 11/9
- Samsung vs. TSMC: Comparing the battery life of two Apple A9s
- Android 6.0 has a great auto backup system that no one is using (yet)
- The adorable dog in this PlayStation 4 game better not die
- Japanese researchers invent a throwable 'Droideka' drone
- Playdate: Putting your custom 'Super Mario Maker' levels to the test
- Even Windows 10 is vulnerable to a big Internet Explorer security flaw
- California OKs insurance plans made specifically for Lyft
- Tesla claims trespassing journalists attacked Gigafactory workers
- Experiments may prevent autonomous cars from killing people
- Facebook's 'On This Day' feature has controls to filter out sad times
- Californium: The Element That Kickstarts Nuclear Reactors
- How 17th Century Artists Helped Make the Microscopic World Visible
- MIT's Morphing Table Is Now Skilled Enough to Stack Building Blocks
- Uber Data Breach Exposes Licenses and IRS Documents for Nearly a Thousand Drivers
- New Hubble Video Shows Jupiter in Glorious Ultra High Definition
- Deadspin So We Got Suspended From Twitter | io9 Luke Skywalker Has a Perfectly Good Explanation for
- The National Zoo Built the World's Best Orangutan-Only Rope "Sidewalk"
- Is War Becoming More Humane?
Hear that? It’s the trademark THX sound you hear before movies. Now you can watch those movies on LG’s new THX-certified LH90 series of LED-backlit HDTVs that have finally arrived on U.S. soil. The trio of 1080p HDTVs, which are the first to receive the THX certification here in the US, feature TruMotion 240Hz technology. […]Read more...
After last week’s announcement, one would expect Nikon to take a breather, but they’re at it again, revealing four new Coolpix cameras including the world’s first camera with a built-in projector. With one touch, the Nikon Coolpix S1000pj can project images up to 40 inches at 2 meters with a VGA resolution. A remote is […]Read more...
Fashion and Technology both commonly focus on innovation. Luckily for us consumers, these two worlds have been on constant dialogue these days – giving us innovative products but with design aesthetics. In what is called a blend of the ‘commercial and fantastical’, collaboration between top electronic firms and high fashion connoisseurs have proven to be […]Read more...
I, for one, think that weighing scales need a redesign. The idea of checking your weight may be a hard task to handle for some, while for others with privileged genes, it’s a guilty pleasure. Still, for those of us not blessed with 20/20 vision, it is an arduous job to stand and squint so […]Read more...
Nikon seems to have been pretty busy as of late. They announced two new cameras (the D300s and the D3000), and two new lenses (the AF-S Nikkor 70–200mm F/2.8G ED VR II, and the AF-S DX Nikkor 18–200mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR II) all in one day. First, the new Nikon D300s. It is very similar to […]Read more...