The 41-megapixel Nokia Lumia 1020 is a Reality – But is the Camera Enough to Make it a Serious Contender?
Breaking Gadget and Technology News from Around the Web
- Apple warns of new iCloud threat – The Guardian
- Review roundup: iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3 deemed best in class, but changes … – Apple Insider
- Researchers obtain most accurate measurement of cosmic microwave polarization – The Space Reporter
- Mystery startup Magic Leap raises $542 million from Google, others – Reuters
- iPhone shipments in Q4 could beat Apple forecast: brokerage – Focus Taiwan News Channel
- Cosmic Rays Jeopardize Deep-Space Astronaut Missions – Science 2.0
- Hollywood's visions of the future – myfoxny.com
- Apple, GT Advanced strike 'amicable' deal over debt repayments – CNET
- GADGET ADVICE SUPERTHREAD!
- The HENDO Hoverboard.
- Air umbrella is pointless
- In 1995 Pixar rendered Toy Story on a 294 x 100MHz CPU Sun SPARCstation 20 cluster. Pic in comments.
- The Nexus 6: hands-on with Google's phablet
- EGO Power+Blower – The first rechargeable blower to perform better than many gas-powered models. I love the EGO POWER+ Blower because it delivered the performance of gas without the noise, fuss and fumes.
- A Device for Playing Podcasts
- Is it possible to use a Jawbone Jambox as a bluetooth receiver?
- iPad Air 2 Review: The Best Tablet Available, Now More Portable And Powerful
- iPad Mini 3 Review: Apple’s Small Tablet Stays Mostly The Same
- Carvey Is A Powerful CNC Machine For The Rest Of Us
- Raspberry Pi Founder Shows Off Incoming Touch Panel For Making DIY ‘Pi Pads’
- Microsoft Drops Nokia Name, Sticks With ‘Lumia’ For Windows Phones
- Apple Patent Hints Remote Unlocking And Trunk Operation Possible For Future CarPlay
- Magic Leap Secures $542M Led By Google For “Lightweight Wearable” Tech That Merges Physical And Digital Worlds
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Addresses The iPad’s Continued Lack Of Sales Growth
- Hands-on with the Nexus 6 and Nexus 9, Google’s shot at “premium” flagships
- Early iPad Air 2 benchmark suggests tri-core CPU, 2GB of RAM
- Meet the $800 Windows tablet designed to interpret for deaf people
- iFixit’s 2014 Mac Mini teardown shows a sealed, less-upgradeable redesign
- OnePlus One expands beyond invites, opens to pre-orders October 27
- Apple: Beginning February 2015, App Store submissions need to be 64-bit
- Apple releases iOS 8.1 with Apple Pay, Continuity features
- Review: Amazon’s Kindle Voyage e-reader is the king of its niche
- Drop it like it's hot with Illumibowl's disco toilet light
- Carnegie Mellon University wants to bring the moon home with virtual reality
- Someone put Spotify inside this old cassette recorder
- Windows 10 brings Windows Phone's notification center to the desktop
- Google backs Magic Leap, a mysterious augmented reality startup (updated)
- FKA twigs calls on Google Glass for dance tips in her latest music video
- The iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3 review
- HP to show off its 3D-scanning 'Sprout' PC next week
- El Día de los Muertos and other fun animations about Mexico holidays
- iPad Air 2 Meta-Review: Great, But No Must-Have Upgrades
- Honest trailer reveals how X-Men: Days of Future Past is Terminator 2
- 8-bit video game version of Silence of the Lambs is still creepy
- Brand new trailer for the re-release of 2001: A Space Odyssey is perfect
- Genius app instantly solves math problems by using a phone's camera
- A German U-Boat From WWII Has Been Found Off The Coast of North Carolina
- Sending the Great Oscar de la Renta to That September Issue In the Sky
Hear that? It’s the trademark THX sound you hear before movies. Now you can watch those movies on LG’s new THX-certified LH90 series of LED-backlit HDTVs that have finally arrived on U.S. soil. The trio of 1080p HDTVs, which are the first to receive the THX certification here in the US, feature TruMotion 240Hz technology. […]Read more...
After last week’s announcement, one would expect Nikon to take a breather, but they’re at it again, revealing four new Coolpix cameras including the world’s first camera with a built-in projector. With one touch, the Nikon Coolpix S1000pj can project images up to 40 inches at 2 meters with a VGA resolution. A remote is […]Read more...
Fashion and Technology both commonly focus on innovation. Luckily for us consumers, these two worlds have been on constant dialogue these days – giving us innovative products but with design aesthetics. In what is called a blend of the ‘commercial and fantastical’, collaboration between top electronic firms and high fashion connoisseurs have proven to be […]Read more...
I, for one, think that weighing scales need a redesign. The idea of checking your weight may be a hard task to handle for some, while for others with privileged genes, it’s a guilty pleasure. Still, for those of us not blessed with 20/20 vision, it is an arduous job to stand and squint so […]Read more...
Nikon seems to have been pretty busy as of late. They announced two new cameras (the D300s and the D3000), and two new lenses (the AF-S Nikkor 70–200mm F/2.8G ED VR II, and the AF-S DX Nikkor 18–200mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR II) all in one day. First, the new Nikon D300s. It is very similar to […]Read more...