Apple’s all new iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C
Apple made history today, releasing two different iPhone models in one day. The 5S and the new 5C. Traditionally they have only released one new model per year, but this year marks the first year that they announced two new phones.
The iPhone 5S features ground breaking Touch ID fingerprint sensor, and the new A7 Processor makes it the worlds first 64 bit smartphone. Here are more details about the 5S from Apple:
- With iPhone 5s, getting into your phone is faster, easier, and even a little futuristic. Introducing Touch ID — a new fingerprint identity sensor. Put your finger on the Home button, and just like that your iPhone unlocks.
- A7 makes iPhone 5s the first 64-bit smartphone in the world — that’s desktop-class architecture in a superslim phone. And because iOS 7 was built specifically for 64-bit, it’s uniquely designed to take advantage of the A7 chip.
- Also features a Co-Processor, the M7 which allows the phone to handle certain tasks without even engaging the A7 chip.
- The 5S Camera features a “Larger sensor. Larger pixels. Larger aperture. It also includes Continuous burst mode, Slow-motion video and all new 2 tone flash for perfect lighting in all situations.
The iPhone 5C is a cheaper alternative, starting at $99. It is available in 5 different colors, and has a plastic case. Its other features include:
- A6 processor.
- 8MP iSight camera with 4-inch Retina display.
- Ultrafast LTE wireless.
- According to Apple, iPhone 5c has the things that made iPhone 5 an amazing phone — and more, including iOS 7. All in a completely new design that feels great in your hand.